Updating computer time

): 2008-10-20 :268 1448 28c Misc =========== Logging initialized (build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) =========== 2008-10-20 :268 1448 28c Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\Mp Cmd 2008-10-20 :268 1448 28c Misc = Module: C:\WINDOWS\system3208-10-20 :268 1448 28c COMAPI ------------- 2008-10-20 :268 1448 28c COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI: Search [Client Id = Windows Defender] 2008-10-20 :268 1448 28c COMAPI --------- 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=80070422) 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI WARNING: Unable to establish connection to the service.(hr=80070422) 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI - WARNING: Exit code = 0x80070422 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI --------- 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI: Search [Client Id = ] 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI ------------- 2008-10-20 :283 1448 28c COMAPI FATAL: Unable to initiate asynchronous search, hr=80070422 2008-10-20 :299 1448 28c COMAPI FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=80070422) 2008-10-20 :299 1448 28c COMAPI WARNING: Unable to establish connection to the service.jb61264 Is there anything else we can do to help you here? Sorry I couldn't reply yesterday...out of the office.I'm still having issues with WSUS but I don't think it is related to my setup on the server or GPO's..thing I have noticed over the last year of being at my present job was that whenever we did manual updates we had to run a script first called "Set Service Object Security. It seems like I cannot get my machine or any other PC on our network to update unless I run this script and then go in and manually start the Windows Update service and the BITS service.I apologize for not remembering to mention this as its been a long time since I tried to update something manually and when I was messing around with mine yesterday, I remembered having to run this script which I've posted below. Is there something I can set on our system so I don't have to run it?jb61264, I'm not a programmer so I can't say what this is completely doing but it appears that it is changing the permissions on these two services.Here's my most recent log entries after trying your first suggestions: wuauserv is disabled This is not supposed to be done on the SERVER but on the Client where you pulled this log from.

All of my computers are running Windows XP SP2 and have the latest Windows Update client.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Ok so this is your wsus server Here is what I would look more into: wuauserv is disabled open Go to "Automatic Updates" make sure it is set to Automatic and STARTED. It is set to Automatic and Started on the server...please note that the log file I posted above was from a client and not the WSUS server.

I'm not sure if there is some GPO set that would disallow the computers to update or not and am hoping someone can give me some things to look at to troubleshoot this.

og Look for something like this: d04 Dnld Mgr ************* d04 Dnld Mgr ** START ** Dnld Mgr: Downloading updates [Caller Id = Automatic Updates] d04 Dnld Mgr ********* Dnld Mgr * All files for update were already downloaded and are valid.

Leave a Reply